The North American country expects to receive more than 1.4 million foreigners in three years. What profiles are they looking for and how much are they paying?
The Canadian government announced an ambitious plan Attracts immigrants In the following years. According to the plan, Canada Need nearby 1.4 million foreigners Helps to hide Employment gap That is in the country, there are tens of thousands jobs Could not occupy them.
“Look, it’s simple: We need more people,” he said. Sean Fraser, Canada’s immigration minister, a few days ago. While emphasizing that the program will help Companies to find out workers what do you want. In this way, the country expects to get:
- 465.000 New permanent residents 2023
- 485.000In 2024
- 500.000 per year 2025
“There was A million jobs will be available At one time in the Canadian economy Immigration It already accounts for all the growth in our workforce,” Fraser said. “If we don’t welcome immigration, we can’t increase our economic potential.”
Abundant quantity empty This happens because there are many No tools or skills For some jobs. Some regions have Lack of citizensEspecially in very remote areas and with harsh climates.
In fact, jobs created at that time International distribution They are not occupied. “The Immigration Plan It helps companies find the workers they need,” Fraser added.
What positions do they need in Canada?
The Canadian government explained that labor shortages affect all sectors of the economy, but that shortages are most prevalent in the following areas:
- Medical service
- Hotels and Tourism (including restaurants).
These are the most sought after posts across the country:
- Business driver
- Website designer
- Heavy Machinery Mechanic
- Electrical Engineer
- Project Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Financial Advisor and Traders.
In the most prosperous cities like QuebecGenerally more technical profiles are required:
- Developers of artificial intelligence
- DevOps Expert
- Software Architect
- Programmer Analyst
- Computer Systems Functional Analyst, etc.
Other types of jobs such as waiters, dishwashers, kitchen assistants, cooks, building maintenance, bakers, cleaners, service station attendants, cashiers are more simple but in high demand and well paid.
How much do they pay in Canada?
The highest paying occupations in Canada are focused on sectors Health and Services (Medicine, Psychiatry, Marketing and Engineering). However, career or lack of career is not a limitation as there are jobs in construction, cleaning and customer service sectors. Very good salary.
Whether you are a professional or a master of trade, to ensure your success Work in CanadaYou must have basic skills English and official certificate supports it.
According to the site Job BankThe Government of Canada’s leading source of jobs and labor market information, a “glass washer” Earn an average of CDN$15 per hour for 40 hours per week. This is US$11.25 (CAD 1 = US$0.75). The Monthly salary is USD 2,400.
And Software developer Charged at CDN$41 per hour for 35 hours per week. This equates to US$30.75 per hour. The Monthly salary is US$ 4,303.
What are the requirements to work in Canada?
- Being above 18 years of age.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Speak English or French fluently.
- Degree and have verifiable work experience.
- Adapt curriculum to Canadian standards.
How to Apply for a Job in Canada
The most secure system to manage work applications and residences in Canada Express NT.
The first thing you need to do is find a job opportunity Job Bank, a government website where various vacancies are available. To apply, you will need to create a profile, upload your application and take some language tests and academic assessments.
The system determines whether or not any available job schedule is compliant:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program. For professionals with specialized courses in specific areas such as engineers, doctors and architects. Applicants must have at least 1 year of experience in qualified work, CLB level 7 in English or French, a certificate of study and sufficient financial resources to support themselves for the first few months in Canada.
- Federal Skilled Trade Program. It can be requested by international workers with certified experience in different trades. Builders, masons, miners, carpenters etc. are grouped here. To apply for the program, you must have a job offer from a Canadian company, at least 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years and a good level of English or French.
- Canadian Experience Class. It is suitable for people who work or have worked in Canada and who want to live permanently in the country. It is under the experience category and to apply for this visa you must have worked in Canada for at least 1 year, work experience and have certificates proving good command of the language.
If they pass that filter, they are placed on Express NT and scored based on their skills, work experience, languages and education. Those who can speak French and English fluently have more opportunities. Also, those who have relatives in Canada.
Who can apply for Canada work permit?
Work permits are issued to Canadian citizens or non-permanent residents. They are usually issued to people who need to work in Canada temporarily, but may also be issued for other reasons, such as accompanying a Canadian spouse during their stay in Canada.
‘New problems need new solutions’
A man invites a woman to dinner, asks her “what are we” and makes an unusual decision after an unexpected response.
Miami shooting: Multiple casualties reported in Hollywood Beach