Prince Andrew, the son of Queen Elizabeth II, who was facing a civil lawsuit for sexual abuse in the United States, has been fired as head of the Armed Forces and Charities.Buckingham Palace said Thursday.
“Duke of York Will continue without committing any public act and will defend himself in this case as an individual citizen”, Mentioned the palace in a brief statement. According to Buckingham Palace sources, quoted BBC, Or he will not hold a high position in the state in an official capacity.
The Royal House added “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military titles and royal patronage are returned to the Queen.”
The result comes after a few hours More than 150 soldiers wrote an open letter to the Queen In the midst of what they described as “health and anger”, they asked Andrew to remove his military and honorary degrees, Defender.
The former members of each service said they had appealed to the Queen as head of state and commander-in-chief of the army, navy and air force. The Duke of York is “unacceptable” to retain his position.
“It is unthinkable that he would be in charge of any other high-ranking military officer.”, They argue in the letter. And they add: “Officers in the British Armed Forces must adhere to the highest standards of good conduct, honesty and honorable conduct.”
On Wednesday, a New York judge denied the allegations Prince The complaint should be dismissed In 2001, an American woman sexually abused him for allegedly abusing her, When he was 17, approached the stage of prosecution.
Quefrey claims Prince Andrew sexually abused her at Epstein’s New York home And on his personal island in the American Virgin Islands and at his London home Kisline MaxwellWho was an emotional partner of the financier, and faces life imprisonment after an arbitral tribunal recently found that he had kidnapped minors for sexual purposes for his soul mate.
Kiefrey maintains it Epstein lent her credit for having sex with her powerful and wealthy friendsAllegations that the prince repeatedly denied the allegations, including Andrew.
The judge’s verdict makes that clear Isabelle II’s son’s attorneys, if they decide to continue to face the complaint, must submit evidence of the allegations. And disagree with a solution, which can take months or even years to process.
Giuffre came out of the shadows for the first time in March 2011, when he told the British newspaper Daily Mail Sexually abused by the Epstein-Maxwell couple, And for the first time the Duke of York, then Britain’s Special Representative for International Trade, he stated without accusation of sexual harassment or rape.
Prince Andrew had already resigned from his public service in November 2019 as a member of the British Royal Family. After a controversial interview BBC In it he sought to exclude himself from the Epstein conspiracy.
With information from AFP, EFE, EuropaPress