Los Ukrainian forces “almost certainly” held positions in SoledarNorth of Bagmut, until this Sunday, despite repeated attacks by the Wagner group, According to the UK Ministry of Defence. Heavy fighting in the Kremina and Bakhmut divisions of the Donbass front continued over the weekend.
“Over the past six weeks, both Russia and Ukraine have made limited but difficult gains in different sectors,” the defense report said.
Repaired German Panther tanks promised by Germany may not be ready for delivery until 2024, it was learned in the past few hours, according to a filing. Reuters.
The company has also said that I need confirmed order When to start repairs Paperger, its managing director, was quoted as saying by Bild newspaper on Sunday.
For Rheinmetall, it will cost hundreds of millions of euros to repair the tanks in stock, at least 22 Panther 2 tanks and 88 Panther 1 tanks.
The warning from arms maker Rheinmetall dampens Kyiv’s hopes that the UK’s promise to supply Challenger 2 tanks will help other European countries do the same quickly. Guardian.
At the very least Three people were injured, two of them minorsAfter a missile was fired by Russia on the outskirts of the Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhya, according to local authorities.
“The Russians opened fire on our city again. As a result of the night attack, there were wounded. There are damaged houses,” Zaporizhia Mayor Anatoly Gurdev stressed in a message on Telegram.
All three injured were rushed to hospital for emergency medical treatment. Among them, a nine-year-old boy and another 15-year-old boy. Emergency services continue to operate at the scene of the accident, as announced by the city’s mayor.
As the death toll The result of an attack on a building in Dnipro went up to 35 personsIncluding two children, According to the latest update from the Ukrainian authorities. The Governor of Dnipropetrovsk Region, Valentin Reznichenko, reported the data on his Telegram channel.
According to Reznichenko’s account, 39 people were rescued from the scene of the attack. At the very least A total of 75 people, including 14 children, were injured.
Meanwhile, until the early hours of January 16, some 35 people are missing.
A Russian missile hit an apartment building in a residential area of Dnipro, a city of 1 million people in central Ukraine, on the afternoon of January 14.
Serhiy Kovalenko, CEO of Ukrainian electricity supplier Yasno, said Ukraine’s power system was facing “huge” power generation shortfalls following the massive attack on January 14.
According to the official, there was Significant damage to thermal power generation of Ukraine, according to Kyiv Independent
Although he did not provide details, Kovalenko said Ukraine’s state grid operator had decided to significantly limit power consumption in Ukraine, including in Kyiv.
“It is still too early to predict the recovery period,” he said. “All electrical engineers work to restore productionBut you should be prepared for the fact that power outages can last for a long time.
According to the UK Ministry of Defence Russia plans to raise the cap for conscription from 27 to 30. On one level, he has Putin’s apparent support, as he feels.
In its latest statement, the ministry said Russian leaders believed the move was “less dangerous” than announcing another round of the infamous “partial demobilization” process ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin in September. The move created deep resentment and encouraged many young people to flee the country.
On January 12, 2023, the head of the Russian State Duma Security Committee, Andrey Kartabolov, said the move would allow. It previously announced a 30 percent increase in the size of Russian forces.
“Last year, President Putin said he supported such a move, and Russian officials are gauging public reactions.The ministry said in an update.
In September, the partial mobilization created a strong rejection in Russian society. Amid fierce internal criticism, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced at the end of October Conclusion Partial mobilization After employing about 300,000 people.
The death toll from a Russian missile attack on an apartment building in the Ukrainian city of Dnipro has risen to 30, according to the latest official report. This was confirmed by Natalia Babachenko, adviser to the head of the military administration of Dnipropetrovsk region, in contact with Ukrainian media on Sunday. However, it can grow.
Babachenko said that the rescue operation is going on He added that there could be 30 or even 40 people inside the wreckage.
After the attack, 75 people went to the hospital, 30 of whom are still there, Babachenko said.
Babachenko added Among those admitted to the hospital, the condition of 12 including a 9-year-old girl is critical. The consultant said the girl was walking near the apartment when the missile hit.
The Dnipro attack was strongly condemned by Zelensky and other international leaders.
Russian forces bombed representatives of the compound this Sunday Red Cross in KhersonDeputy Director of the Office of the President of Ukraine, Kyrillo Tymoshenko, denounced him on his channel. telegram.
“Enemy projectiles hit facilities where Red Cross representatives were working,” he explained. “AndThe shelling caused heavy fire. Rescue teams are working. There is no information about the victims,” he said.
“During shelling of the same building in mid-December, Victoria Yaryshko, a volunteer and member of the Red Cross’s rapid response unit, died,” the official recalled.
As Russia seeks to de-escalate the war after a strong offensive launched by Ukraine, the Kremlin has been plagued by internal strife affecting Vladimir Putin’s leadership. As mentioned CNNThe Head of the Russian mercenary force, Evgeny PrigogineMaintains bitter conflict with Defense Minister, Sergei Shoigu.
Shoigu, hurt by a series of regional defections, has seen in recent days how Prigozhin has begun to raise the profile of his mercenaries’ performance on the battlefield. truly, Prigozhin claimed to have captured the city of Soledar In the East, a version rejected by Kiev.
Prigozhin said on Friday that his troops had “exclusively” made gains around Soledar in recent days.
In a filmed exchange with his fighters, Prigozhin asked provocatively: “Besides Wagner, who else is here?” “No one else!” They answered.
Prigogine, an oligarch close to Putin, released a video on Saturday claiming to have visited his forces in the brutally disputed town of Solader. There, he praised his troops for what he called the world’s best war heroism.
Earlier in the month it issued a strong internal warning. “Once we defeat our internal bureaucracy and corruption, we will defeat the Ukrainians and NATO.”. He made the announcement in a message to his troops in eastern Ukraine.
According to CNNThe key official targeted by the head of the Wagner Group was Sergei Shoigu. The two apparently quarreled over the award of military contracts It was later taken from Prigogine from the Concorde ensemble, as well as later, by Wagner’s controversial role in Syria.
Anyway, internal controversy The Kremlin conspires against the leader’s intentionsVladimir Putin diverted his troops and guaranteed a order in order.
Even so, the United States recognizes mercenary movements. US Deputy Secretary of Defense, Laura Cooper, acknowledged it in a conversation with journalists days ago. “In recent times, we have seen Wagner advance at a faster pace than any other unit in the Russian military.”