Proponents of her case have been working to make the actual transcript of this statement available online. They assure that there are other conclusive evidence beyond his body. For investigators, Christian Bruckner is guilty of rape in prison and could be sentenced next year.
“We know we have the man who took her and killed her,” he said in the conversation Glass German lawyer Hans Christian Walters.
As revealed, the entire investigation team believes this 44-year-old man is guilty, but Since Bruckner is already in jail for other crimes, they take “all the time” to gather as much evidence as possible before presenting it in court.
Walters was blunt: “Now we can blame her. Now we have those trials. We are 100% sure he killed her.
“But it’s not just about blaming him. We want to charge you with the best evidence. We still have questions, so blaming is more foolish than waiting for answers that will strengthen our position, ”he explained.
“That’s why we said we would investigate until there were clues or information that we could follow. I’m not saying it’s not enough to have us now. But he’s in jail, so we do not have this pressure. We have time on our hands,” he stressed.
Speaking to Madeleine’s parents Kate and Jerry McCann, he said: “We know we have the man who took your daughter and killed her. All I can do is ask for your patience. Personally I think a decision will be reached next year.. We have no body or DNA, but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, there is no other conclusion. “
Little “Maddie”, whose image went around the world, disappeared from her room in Priya da Loos on May 3, 2007, where she was on vacation with her family.
His demise, shortly before his fourth birthday, on May 12, sparked an extraordinary investigation and international media coverage. But despite identifying Bruckner as the main suspect last year in Germany, no trace of the girl has been found.
At the time, investigators were investigating whether the perpetrators of the rape, Priya da Luce, had transferred Madeleine to Germany.
Sources under investigation include “Bruckner’s confession to a friend and a phone analysis showing he was at the Ocean Club when the woman went missing. “They are circumstantial evidence, we have no scientific evidence. If there was a video of the event or a photo of Madeleine dead with Bruckner on camera, we would not have to appeal publicly,” the lawyer explained.
Brookner, a German pedophile who was convicted of rape in Portugal. He is also currently in custody in connection with another case and was identified as a key suspect in Maddie’s abduction last year.
The suspect was living in a van near Priya da Loos when Madeleine went missing. British and German police first learned of him as a suspect in 2017, but did not make it public until last June. Investigators say key witnesses in Germany and Portugal are linking him to the case.
Walters dismissed the latest report that the trial would end with Christmas as “junk”, but said Bruckner would be charged early next year for other alleged crimes in Portugal. These include the rape of an Irish woman in Algarve in 2004 and two incidents in which she allegedly exposed herself to young people.
When asked if he was satisfied with the speed of Madeleine’s trial, Walters said: “It could have gone better. Of course, but the case is moving forward.